I have forever been a huge fan of Cropped pants. There is something very Audrey about them & hence look very timeless and classic.
My other reasons to wear them are
- A hint of skin showing around your ankle is kinda sexy.
- I also feel that it elongates my body & makes me look taller.
- I can show off my shoes without getting drowned in the length or the flare
- It can fit a number of looks from formal to dressy cool to casual running errands sorts.
It could just be me or it could really be the case. Whatever it is they are my favorite way to wear trousers / pants. I would happily wear that length as formal trousers, casual pajama style, jumpsuits or cargos. This year they are back & needless to say I have stocked up my wardrobe.
Solid neutral colors like Black, Grey , Whites are great to wear at work with a silk blouse or a knitted top but you got to be extremely careful as to what style are you wearing at work and how do you style them. I once did the mistake of wearing a wrong style (Capris) at my work place on a casual Friday. I took the casual part too seriously and from that day my office banned casual Fridays. Do I even need to mention the hostility I would have faced from my colleagues (#facepalm). Of course the situation got resurrected but I am extremely careful about semi formal casual work dressing. it can be tricky you see
So the word from the wise – When it comes to workwear and especially if its a conservative work environment :
- they should be slim fit and tapered
- be extremely careful about the length of the pants. Just at the ankle or maybe an inch above. Anything above goes in the casual capri pants premise. STAY AWAY from capris especially at work. They are a terrible idea
- I would not recommend wearing flats. Wear them with strappy sandals or pointed pumps
- A blazer or a vest would be ideal to make the look more corporate.
- Lastly if you not sure steer away from these at work
While these are some great options for work depending on how you style them what I am currently flipping on are the patterned cropped pants. They just add that extra spunk to your daily wardrobe with colors and patterns
Would you wear them cropped ??