Both Hollywood and Bollywood have kick started the Awards season. The best time to see the stars upping their style quotient and walking the Red carpet with grace & aplomb. That time of the year when the Sartorial vigor gets channeled towards pursuit for elegance. Each one looking better than the other and taking our breath away. I love the way Hollywood goes all out to showcase their best. It’s my heart’s desire to see Indian film Industry take some cues from their Western counterparts and step up the game. We are slowly seeing some Style Risqué s being taken but it’s still a long way to go.
Anyway the night of Glitz and Glamour was on full display at the 70th Annual Golden Globes 2013. Next best to Oscar’s, it is one of the events we look forward to in order take some inspiration from our favorite movie and TV stars.
Thigh High slits, Plunging necklines, Shades of Red, Mermaid fishtail Silhouettes, Strapless dresses, Sexy backs, Black & Gold were some of the trends that were on display this year. Yet only a few stood out and caught my fancy. Mind you, it is difficult to get on FUF’s list :-) So here are my 13 picks from the Golden Globe 2013 Awards ceremony.
1. Taylor Swift rocked the Oxblood Donna Karen gown to the hilt. A risky color choice for the Red carpet, she totally swept my heart in this sheer paneled backless dress. The gorgeous color with dramatic fishtail silhouette made a serious Red carpet statement. Swept up hair & matching chandelier earrings added to the sophisticated look. Now, she may not have won the Golden Globe award but she fosho won the Red Carpet Award for the best stunner. Only one word, ok 3 words Va Va Voom!!
2. Kate Hudson dazzled us in an outstanding Black and Gold Mcqueen. The Golden detailing on the neckline with a flash of skin showing in an otherwise long sleeved covered dress made for a stunning effect so did the gold leafing details on the belt. The loosely tousled golden blonde hair further accented the black & Gold combo. Pretty.
3. How cute & mermaid -esque is Anne Hathway looking in this very simple but extremely elegant Chanel couture. I must say this Pixie cut looks really cute on her and the only accessory seen are some diamond bracelets. Unlike her past appearances that have been bold this look is down right simple and could have turned out absolutely flat but Anne has it all figured out and she is making it work like a charm. I for one love love love her look.
4. Jennifer Lawrence, the new face of Dior did not disappoint us when she turned up in a stunning Scarlet gown from the house she now endorses. She looked ah – mazing and awe inspiring in this beautiful dramatic number which was accented with a metallic belt and a shimmery clutch.
5. Looking like a true Golden beauty was Emily Blunt in this unbelievably pretty Michael Kors cut out gown. Emily added a punch to her look with Pink earrings and bracelets. A neat bun and shimmery clutch kept the look sophisticated and elegant
6. Katharine Mcphee sure upped the Red Carpet heat in this very beautiful Theysken’s Theory gown which fitted just perfect and hugged her just right. The ample amount of skin display by way of a seriously plunging neckline and a thigh high slit were the real cause of all the heat generated & she looked hot. I am totally drooling over those seriously hot pair of strappy sandals. One word for her HOT!!
7. Doing sexy and daring in this leg baring Elie Saab high slit gown was Lea Michelle
8. Other than her killer curves which are worth our envy the most important & envy worthy thing that works for Stacy Keibler is having George Klooney by her side. With such perfect Arm candy why would anyone need to worry. On the other hand that could be one of the reasons to worry cos you end up with this immense pressure to look great. Well, Stacy does it and does it well in this Armani Prive which was fresh off the plane from Paris. The velvet gown with silver horizontal piping looked gorgeous on the blonde bombshell.
9. Does Marion Cotillard ever get it wrong? She is a perfect example of grace and sophistication on Red carpet or anywhere else. However, this bright Red Dior ensemble screams anything but Red Carpet. The make up is barely there and she looks extremely plain YET I love her. This woman has exceptional sense of style and she shows yet again that one can make anything work if one has style.
10. A whole lot of Style editors were heard trashing this Carolina Herrera gown seen on Lucy Liu but I thought it looked gorgeous. It has appeared in a lot of Worst dressed lists which I found a little surprising. No doubt that the gown is voluminous and absolutely digressing from the trends that were seen but Lucy looks great in it with a side braid and minimal make up & a yellow clutch. The floral pattern and the color is gorgeous & pleasing to the eyes.
11. Kerry Washington in a rhinestone embellished semi nude – semi sheer Miu Miu dress
12. Julianne Moore looks sophisticated , chic & elegant in this Black & White minimalist gown by Tom Ford
13. Seen breaking away from the tradition of wearing gowns and dresses on the Red Carpet was Amy Poehler in a very smart Stella McCartney Pant Suit and she surely stood out in this elegant attire which was accented by a beautiful Diamond Necklace, studs & a clutch. Even the sandals were studdded. Love the Diamond on black look.
What do you guys think about my 13 picks?? Do write in