It’s my most favorite Awards night. It’s also Hollywood’s most glamorous night and if you even have the slightest little interest in fashion then you cannot at any cost miss the Oscar Red carpet. The competition is stiff and the pressure is high cos all eyes are on you. One faux pas can cost you a lot of damage and days of image re-building so everyone pays painstakingly careful attention bringing out their A game. Be it the dress, accessories, make up, hair everything is under the scanner. The result is a mixture of some stunning looks being churned out on the Red carpet one after the other. While there are plenty of gorgeous looks some rise to the top to make it to media’s best dressed list. Everybody who is anybody has an opinion so obviously here I am with mine
10. Amy Adams in a blue Gucci gown – Safe look that wasn’t expected from Amy especially after seeing her in all those jaw dropping clothes in American Hustle. I would have expected a little more drama. Nevertheless, Elegant but underwhelming.
9. Anne Hathaway’s Oscar 2013 caught all the attention last year but for wrong reasons. However, she came back as a winner this year in a Gucci Halter neck gown with Rhinestone details. I love the sexy slit at the black that shows off her sexy black stilettos. The rest of the look is kept simple. Love!
8. Kate Hudson
hit the Red carpet in a plunging Versace gown. She reminded me of Gwyneth Paltrow wearing Tom Ford cape dress
for Oscars 2012. That apart she looked stunning. The gown was impeccable and she looked like a winner.
7. Give me a gown with Pockets and I will always be partial to it. Just for that I love this Monique Lhuillier gown on Chrissy Teigen. I am not sure if its her pose or the pockets or the cut but I love the look,
6. Angelina Jolie dazzled us in her nude Ellie Saab. She is a Red carpet pro and can rock a high slit or a tuxedo with equal aplomb. She looks beyond beautiful in this embellished gown and makes it work. Maybe it’s the color that brings out the best in her
5. Jennifer Lawrence in what else but Dior. It just feels that I have seen this Dior gown more than once cos it just looks same but since its J law, Dior and the Red color I will give it to her cos she does make it work even after her clumsy fall. She is Oh so cute
PS : Special points for the back necklace
4. Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actors and I love watching her on Red carpet as much as I love watching her in movies. BTW i am extremely disappointed that she didn’t win an award for Gravity. However she was a clear winner in her Alexander Mcqueen gown with a dramatic draping and lady like elegance. Side swept curls, minimal make up made her look extremely sophisticated.
3. Cate Blanchett. I love love love her Armani Prive. The color, the cut, the shells.. She takes it all – the best dressed and the best actress.. Super like.
2. Lupita Nyong : I just couldn’t take my eyes off this Oscar Red carpet debutante. She looks beyond stunning in this powder blue Prada dress. How gorgeous is that color and that gown against her skin. The headband makes the look even prettier. I can’t get over the look. Gorgeous!!
1. I will be honest, it was a close call between Charlize Theron and Lupita for the No.1 slot but since Charlize is so damn beautiful I had to give it to her. She looks like a dream in her Dior Black gown. Though its black but there is nothing basic about the look. Swoon worthy and drop dead gorgeous – that is Charlize for you.
What do you think about my picks??? Do you agree or did I get it wrong?