It’s time to meet the girls yaaaayyy!!
This time I decided to take 3 of these lovely ones as my FuFies of the Month for this Diwali Special. They are young, vibrant and fun to be with. The energy was quite evident during the shoot and we had fun all the way. While Tanvi and Sanskriti are still in the process of completing their studies, Simrata has hosted various News and Lifestyle shows and is currently anchoring a show with a TV Shopping channel.
FUF had the pleasure of bringing them together for this Diwali Special edition in clothes by “Label D”
Meet the cool, confident & graceful Sanskriti Jitani, a student of psychology who loves to model part time for fun.
She has worked for a brief time in a production house & is studying hard these days to be a clinical psychologist but her heart lies in modeling.
Her idea of de- stressing is baking and likes to spend time in the kitchen baking for the big Indian Joint family she lives with. Dancing is another way to de – stress according to her and she has learnt latin ball room dance.
Sanskriti is wearing a Lehanga designed by Dimple. According to Dimple this layered look is what people are looking for most these days. The skirt is in Navy Blue Velvet with beautiful heavy embroidery and the jacket is in net with some amazing sequin work. Sanskriti looked extremely elegant in this ensemble.
Simrata Singh Chaudhary, a vivacious Punjabi girl whose confident demeanor landed her a job in one of the leading News channels. She has hosted a variety of lifestyle shows as well as reported on some serious events.
Currently hosting a show for a TV Shopping channel, she is a perfect blend of Indian beauty with youthful charm. Her erratic work keeps her pretty busy through the week but she still manages to find time and let her hair down with her friends.
Simrata is wearing one of the latest trends seen in Indian wear – Lehanga saree. It’s for those who do not want to go through the pain of draping a sari. The beautiful color combinations & the intricate work on the borders made the saree look strikingly beautiful and of course Simrata does perfect justice to it.
Tanvi Karnik , a petite, beautiful, soft spoken & well poised Mumbai girl who is a little camera shy. She is a talent pool just like her dad. From painting to writing to cooking she does it all but hardly acknowledges her talent which is kind of endearing about her. Her equation with her mother is an example for many Mothers & Daughters out there.
She has had a brief stint with fashion when she completed her fashion marketing course and worked with an American Apparel Brand for a short period. Currently pursuing a course in Industrial and Organisational Psychology , she plans to take up a job in the same field.
Tanvi is wearing a Red velvet Kurta with extensive Gold zari work and a navy blue Churidar. This is one of the signature designs of Dimple Shroff which she says is highly in demand by young girls.
The girls hit it off well with each other and had fun while shooting for FUF. Some snap shots
Indo Western is another trend that people are exploring these days. I have spoken about some in the blog but this one designed by Dimple is extremely interesting. Its a long gown with thigh high slit which can be worn either on its own or with churidar depending on how comfortable you feel.
1. Favorite Indian Wear : Anarkalis
2. Favorite haunts for Diwali Shopping this season : Kolkata & Mumbai boutiques
3. Loves about Diwali : fact that the city looks like a bride when all lit up & loves to gorge on sweets
4. Trends noticed this season for Indian wear : floor grazing Anarkalis, they are getting longer
5. Would like to see revival of : Mumtaz style saris because of the way they hug to the body
6. Frequency of wearing Indian dresses : At least twice a month
Simrata is wearing a Short Kurti with Gota work and printed Silk Patiala salwar. Patiala salwars are kind of seeing a revival this year with beautiful colors and patterns
Net sarees are huge this time. These worn with slightly long sleeved blouses are this season’s hottest trend in Indian wear.
Tanvi wears a beautiful Pink shaded saree with a champagne colored blouse.
Simrata Singh Chaudhary
1. Favorite Indian Wear : Short Kurtis with Patiala salwars
2. Favorite haunts for Diwali Shopping this season : Mumbai boutiques & Satva – a multi designer store
3. Loves about Diwali : lights, candles, diyas, decorations & the whole festive spirit
4. Trends noticed this season for Indian wear : Half & Half concept sarees
5. Would like to see revival of : Mumtaz style saris & really tight kurtis with churidars.
6. Frequency of wearing Indian dresses : have to wear indian everyday as my work demands but otherwise maybe once in a month
1. Favorite Indian Wear : Anarkalis & sarees
2. Favorite haunts for Diwali Shopping this season : Private exhibitions & boutiques
3. Loves about Diwali : bright lights, sumptuous food & family get togethers
4. Trends noticed this season for Indian wear : Lace sarees
5. Would like to see revival of : Mumtaz style saris becos of the Indo Western touch to it.
6. Frequency of wearing Indian dresses : very often, I love Indian wear.
Last but not the least I asked them about how they liked Label D Clothes and they were ecstatic saying they will definitely come back to shop for more
Tanvi luuuved them and found them very comfortable, Sanskriti said she has been looking for these kind of clothes and they are stylish and trendy. Sim found them very festive and highly recommends for Bridal trousseau
FUF recommends it too. You can contact Dimple Shroff of Label D at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you enjoyed this Diwali Special. Do leave your comments down below.
Special Appearance : Baby Bhuvi
Photographs courtesy : Shailesh Joshi & Sameer Nadkarni
Clothes courtesy : Dimple Shroff of Label D
Make Up : Smita Chadha
Hair : Raji
Wish you and your family a very
Happy, Prosperous, Safe & Stylish Diwali