Have you included the Maxi dress in your wardrobe yet. If not you must cos its the new wardrobe staple for Summers. Its been around and it comes back every summer so yeah its kind of evergreen piece when it comes to summer wear.
If you wish to do boho chic then its time to embrace this easy breezy cool street style favorite. It seems to be the favorite amongst celebs as their off duty style cos it provides an easy substitute to those boyfriend jeans or shorts when you can’t think of what to wear. Its the best option for those easy summer brunches or running errands or even while traveling.
And when I am saying Maxi dresses I mean those casual comfortable long dresses and not gowns mind you. So yeah please don’t mix the two.
If its about summers and its a maxi dress then its all about colors and prints but if you want you can buy a plain white or a black and accessorize.
but would recommend colors. These could be monochrome or in prints or florals.
And if you are worried that you are short (5’4″ or less) then who says you can’t wear them. Infact I feel Eva Longoria and Kim K who aren’t more than 5’2″ look really cool in these dresses. You just need to find the right one for your shape and size. What you just need is the attitude and you can rock any piece of garment.
The best thing about maxi dresses is that the flowy silhouette helps you hide the bulges. Its also an easy way to look trendy for all those moms to be or the new moms.
I am not the one who is much into hats and all but if you want to try them out then a maxi dress gives you a perfect canvas to try out those floppy ones or even fedoras
So this summer try out a maxi dress be it monochrome, color blocked, tie and dye, floral ombre or oriental print but do give it a try. They come in various styles – Tubes, halters, noodle straps or with sleeves. There is one for each one of you.
While wearing a maxi dress things to keep in mind
1. Pair your maxi dress with shades & an oversized bag for that mysterious Hollywood celeb look
2. According to me a maxi dress looks the best with a pair of flats but if you are short and are kind of lost in the length of the garment then wear wedges/ espadrilles or even platforms. Pls don’t wear stilettos unless its a gown and not a maxi. The proportions don’t match
3. I am not much into jewellery. For me less is more. But if you are an accessory person then no more than 2 -3 chunky bangles are good enough. Don’t go overboard
4. A fedora or a floppy hat can take the look to a different level.
5. If you don’t like hats, try a messy updo with a maxi dress, wear your sexy shades and get ready to be complimented.
Have fun & Stay sexy