Hey guys.. so I had gone out for a short weekend trip to this awesome place in Alibaug (More on that later ). I almost forgot to post about this Beauty Class that I got invited to during Lakme Fashion Week. It was conducted by Natasha Nischol, a well know make up artist to many a Bollywood stars. She demonstrated 2 key trends for the season Bold Red lips by the Day and by the Night on the lovely Sarah Jane Dias. I will share some trends and tips that I learnt.
1. Clean matte skin instead of dewy skin
2. Graphic Eye liners - 50s TREND
3. Statement Metallic eyes - Metallic shades are very in so girls ensure you have one or 2 in your palette
4. Bold Brows
5. 90s inspired grunge - very funky , very modern, very Cara Delevigne
6. Statement Red Mouth - we all know a lot about it
7. Petal Berry stained lips - its a new technique to apply lipstick.. It's as if you have gorged on berries in the middle of the night. Very Sexy Very cool
Look for a lip and cheek stain that has berry, pomegranate or cherry written on it Just dab a little bit of some bold color on your lips and smudge with your fingers..It will just add a hint of that color giving the impression of staining rather than a full fledged application...Interesting !!
8. Invisible Eyeliner - No No No it is not a liner with no color.. even I thought so. It's actually your regular liquid eyeliner (Black or Brown) applied in a very thin line as much close as possible to your lash line that it gives an effect of thicker lashes without looking like a liner.. Me likey
Some Useful Make Up Tips
1. Take very little moisturizer on your brush and then dab it in the eyeshadow.. This makes the application super easy and helps the brush to glide under the eyes. Be extremely carful with Black.
2. The new range of Lakme Eyeshadows are baked so you could use them dry or mix a little water and create an eyeliner in different colors. You can do it with other eye shadows too. How cool!
3. For fuller lips do not overdo the lip gloss. Just dab it in the middle and apply little on the sides especially on the lower lip.
4. Invisible eyeliner technique to get heavy eyelash look.
5. Apply a Balm on your lips before applying a very matte lipstick
6. Lastly Blend Blend and Blend.. The more you do that, the more natural you will look.
Some pictures from the class
|The DAY look with Red Pouty lips|
|Working on the Night look|
|Night look with heavy eyes and gorgeous Red lips|
|The Final look|
Hope you learnt something as well